Casual Worker Vacancy (Bars)
– Are you aged 18 or over?
– Do you need extra cash, but not want to commit to a job with regular shifts each week?
– Are you smart and polite?
If you have answered yes, then why not give us a call?
We need enthusiastic and hardworking people to help on our function bars.
– Hours vary from week to week by largely involve weekends and evenings.
– We pay £9.50/hour (includes holiday pay)
– No previous bar experience is required. We’ll teach you all you need to know.
For more details please phone Mike Large on 01423 544544, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Temporary Charitable Activities Manager (to cover maternity leave)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a temporary Charitable Activities Manager to join the Yorkshire Agricultural Society (YAS) in Harrogate to co-ordinate and push forward our diverse range of charitable activities. The role is to cover maternity leave and will start in July 2018.
Yorkshire Agricultural Society was founded to help improve and promote agriculture in the Region. Educating future generations is an important part of the Society’s charitable work, as is encouraging and supporting the agricultural community through a range of different events and initiatives. Our educational programme of activities include:
• Courses for teachers
• Farmhouse Breakfast
• Countryside day
• Careers in Focus
• Great Yorkshire Show Discovery Zone
We also have an established and growing programme of supporting farmers through:
• Future Farmers of Yorkshire
• Farmer Scientist Network
• Yorkshire Rural Support Network
• Yorkshire Food Farming and Rural Network
• Scholarships, awards and grant applications.
The role of the Charitable Activities Manager is to co-ordinate, oversee and extend the range of charitable activities which fulfil the broader aims and objectives of the Society. You will assist in promoting Farming and the Countryside by representing the Society and working with various industry groups and individuals across the region. The post is broad in remit and includes line management of staff, project management, management of events and liaison with a range of different stakeholders.
Suitable applicants will have excellent interpersonal skills, experience of education and a passion for, and knowledge of, farming and the countryside. The role requires good networking skills and the ability to develop successful partnerships with a range of organisations. It is likely that candidates will have a track record of managing projects, events and budgets and successfully delivering results through charitable programmes.
A full job description is available at www.yas.co.uk and interested applicants should apply with full CV and details of salary to email@example.com
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Admin Assistant to join the team at Fodder based in Harrogate!
Job title: Admin Assistant
Location: Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Hours of Work: 40 hour week working 5 out of the 7 operational days of the week (usually Monday to Friday) with additional hours as an essential feature of this role. The hours will be 10.00am to 6.30pm (with half an hour for lunch) as this position helps with cashing up.
Fodder, is run by The Yorkshire Agricultural Society (a registered charity which is best known for running the annual Great Yorkshire Show) to promote and sell the best food and drink from Yorkshire to support farmers and producers and make local food easily accessible.
As our Admin Assistant you will efficiently manage all the administration tasks involved in running Fodder. This is an office based job and requires someone with fantastic organisational skills, meticulous attention to detail, good customer service skills and the ability to keep a small office tidy!
Whilst working with the other Admin Assistant in covering the full range of Admin tasks in the Office effectively, your job will be to:
– Undertake cashing up tasks
– Process most orders for Fodder and ensure Eureka (stock based system) is kept up to date
– Be the lead on regular stock takes
– Manage the administration of charity requests
– Be the main point of contact in Fodder for all Accounts queries
– Upload loyalty card applications
– Order Stationery and control stocks of packaging/till rolls, disposables, cleaning products etc.
– Manage ticket sales for all Fodder events and manage all on-line orders
– To provide any other help that is required in either the office or the public areas of Fodder
– Compile reports for the accounts dept. of monthly accruals of products received but not yet invoiced
– Manage the information on the staff notice board
– Answer telephone calls and deal with incoming and outgoing post and emails
– Liaise with YAS Receptionists and Chefs regarding providing lunch for conferences in RAC
– Manage all Fodder customer enquiries and special orders
– Manage and organise regularly any ad-hoc maintenance jobs
– Organise managers rota (liaise with managers)
– Undertake any other appropriate duties which may be added from time to time
Admin Assistant – About you:
To work effectively within the Fodder team you must:
– Be competent on Excel and Word and have good understanding of these packages training will be given in Eureka software
– Be efficient and organised and be able to work under pressure and also have the ability to plan ahead
– Be able to communicate clearly and concisely
– Be able to handle cash accurately
– Have good written and oral communication skills are crucial. Good customer service skills are vital to deal with customers both over the phone and via email and deal with questions from senior managers, customers and the general public
– Be able to manage multiple tasks with enthusiasm and judge what the key priorities are on an hourly/daily/weekly basis
– Be able to cope with interruptions and still focus on the tasks that need completing
– Be a great team player
– Have fantastic attention to detail
– Be able to keep confidential information confidential
Admin Assistant – Benefits:
– 34 days holiday – including bank holidays
– 12% employer contribution to pension scheme
– Subsidised private healthcare scheme and
– Life assurance of x4 annual salary
If you are interested in this exciting Admin Assistant opportunity apply with full CV and details of salary to firstname.lastname@example.org