Casual Worker Vacancy (Bars)
– Are you aged 18 or over?
– Do you need extra cash, but not want to commit to a job with regular shifts each week?
– Are you smart and polite?
If you have answered yes, then why not give us a call?
We need enthusiastic and hardworking people to help on our function bars.
– Hours vary from week to week by largely involve weekends and evenings.
– We pay £9/hour (includes holiday pay)
– No previous bar experience is required. We’ll teach you all you need to know.
For more details please phone Graham Thompson on 01423 544544, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yorkshire Agricultural Society have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Manager to join their growing team based in Harrogate.
Job Title: Sales Manager
Location: Yorkshire Event Centre, Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week working 5 out of 7 operational days of the week with additional hours in mornings/evenings as an essential feature of the role.
The Yorkshire Agricultural Society is a registered charity which is best known for running the annual Great Yorkshire Show but also works hard throughout the year to promote and support farming and the countryside in the North of England. It has a commercial, subsidiary company, Yorkshire Event Centre Ltd, who help fund the charitable work by hosting a wide range of events throughout the year plus running the Harrogate Caravan Park and Fodder.
The Yorkshire Event Centre comprises two event halls, which are ideal for Public Exhibitions, Trade Shows, large Conferences and Dinners.
As our Sales Manager it is your job to significantly increase the number of events and the income yield per event, whilst offering exceptional customer service. We want YEC to be the most successful and customer driven venue in Yorkshire. Being part of an energetic team, driving the business forward, understanding and positively responding to changing customer demands and offering first class service; whilst improving sales and margins. This role requires the highest levels of self-motivation, business acumen, customer care, accuracy, flexibility and commitment to raise the standards already achieved.
Sales Manager – Key Responsibilities:
– To seek out and develop a wide range of new business from:- existing customers, new contacts, publications, internet, agencies, exhibitions, telesales, enquiries, cold calling, networking, trade shows etc.
– Developing good working relationships with existing clients
– Ensuring sales targets and margins are achieved
– You need to appreciate the aims of the Yorkshire Agricultural Society and that sometimes their charitable requirements come first. It is also essential that you work to protect and enhance the good relationship we have with our neighbours
– Helping to deliver successful events whilst maintaining and improving customer service standards
– Working closely with the operational team and communicating well so that we can deliver excellent results and have happy customers
– Ensuring the clients are looked after exceptionally well from initial enquiry to the post event summary; building strong relationships
– Developing opportunities to ‘up-sell’ from logistical support to carpets, IT, stage building, theming or management of contractors
– To ensure H&S standards are continually monitored and improved and take an active role in this.
– You will have a successful track record in sales at other, ideally large UK venues, or have worked in an events related industry. You will also have:
– Exceptional Sales and negotiation ability
– Project management skills
– Excellent communication skills
– A real passion and experience of events and for developing venues
– Exceptional customer service skills (both internal and external)
– The ability to think and act proactively and creatively whilst ensuring the strong traditions and values of the Organisation are preserved and promoted
– The ability to write reports, business plans, correspondence etc. with appropriate English and tone
– The ability to effectively present information and be an ambassador of the Organisation to clients, customers and the general public
– The ability to interpret and use financial information
– Computer skills – ability to use Word, Excel and databases
– Good reasoning ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
– The ability to prioritise, manage multiple priorities, create effective work plans and meet deadlines
– Good team working skills
– Flexibility in approach; the post involves evening and weekend work
– The ability to keep calm and maintain a pleasant manner even when under pressure
– The ability to think strategically and see the bigger picture
– A self-sufficient style – this is a small organisation and therefore the role is very much a hands on role
Sales Manager – Benefits:
– Competitive salary
– 12% employer contribution to pension scheme (Group Personal Pension scheme)
– 26 days holiday (exc Bank holidays)
– Subsidised private healthcare scheme
– Life assurance of x4 annual salary
To succeed in this role you may have previous experience as a Sales Director, Area Sales Manager, Senior Sales Advisor, Regional Sales Manager or as a Senior Sales Manager.
To submit your CV for this exciting Sales Manager opportunity, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com