Deputy Conference and Banqueting Manager / Deputy Events Manager
Job Title: Deputy Conference and Banqueting Manager
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
The events venue is a versatile space, holding a wide range of events throughout the year from conference to charity balls, corporate meetings to product launches, weddings to christenings, birthday parties to public sales and exhibitions.
As the Deputy Conference and Banqueting Manager, you will be working as part of a team under the supervision of the Operations Manager to prepare rooms for, and manage events in accordance with client’s requirements, offering the highest standards of customer care at all times.
• Meet and greet clients and ensure the smooth running of events on the day.
• Responsible for making the function space visually appealing.
• To assist with cleaning of kitchens, toilets, and storage areas as well as function rooms – this is a hands on role.
• Provide excellent customer service and ensure customer needs are met.
• Supervise events and team members throughout.
• Be familiar with all current and upcoming event details.
• Should be able to work under pressure and to strict time constraints.
• This is a very physical role, which involves lifting, pushing and carrying tables/chairs and other items regularly.
• To manage casual bar staff ensuring the highest quality of training and customer service.
• To have or to undertake and pass the training to become a Personal Licence holder, a SIA licence holder and a First Aider.
• To provide feedback from events, including compliments, suggestions or complaints, incidents and any relevant statistical or accounting information.
• To maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and presentation at all times, and wear the uniform provided.
• Have a full clean driving licence.
• To adhere to all legal and company policies at all times including but not confined to COSHH, Health and Safety and Fire.
• Be a trustworthy and honest individual in order to assist with cash handling.
• Maintain an effective and professional relationship with the onsite caterers and external suppliers.
• Previous experience in a similar environment.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Commitment to delivering the highest levels of customer service.
• The ability and confidence to problem solve and deal with a variety of situations as they arise in a positive and professional manner.
• Availability to work different shift patterns, which will include days, evenings and weekend work. Adaptability to be able to manage any late changes to the rota.
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
• To be fit and healthy as this is a physically demanding role.
• Have a positive, “can do” attitude and be willing to get stuck in with all tasks including cleaning of all areas, including toilets.
• Competitive salary
• 6% employer contribution to pension scheme (Group Personal Pension scheme) 3 % employee
• 26 days holiday (exc Bank holidays)
• Subsidised private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance of x4 annual salary
To apply for this role please APPLY to email@example.com submit your CV and covering letter
Candidates with experience of: Event Assistant, Exhibitor Assistant, Event Officer, Coordinator, Customer Services, Event Coordinator, Event Administrator, Exhibitor Services, Exhibition Administration, Customer Assistant, Customer Administration, Exhibition Coordinator, Exhibitor Coordinator, Events, Exhibition will also be considered for this role.