Pavilions of Harrogate, part of the Yorkshire Agricultural Society have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Conference and Banqueting Manager to join their growing team based in Harrogate.
Job Title: Deputy Conference and Banqueting Manager
Location: Pavilions of Harrogate, Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Hours: 40 hours per week working 5 out of 7 operational days of the week with evening and weekend work an essential feature of the role.
Pavilions of Harrogate is a versatile space, holding a wide range of events throughout the year from conference to charity balls, corporate meetings to product launches, weddings to christenings, birthday parties to public sales and exhibitions.
As our Deputy Conference and Banqueting Manager working as part of a team under the supervision of the Operations Manager to prepare rooms for, and manage events at Pavilions of Harrogate in accordance with client’s requirements, offering the highest standards of customer care at all times.
Deputy Conference and Banqueting Manager – Key Responsibilities
- Meet and greet clients and ensure the smooth running of events on the day.
- Responsible for making the function space visually appealing.
- To assist with cleaning of kitchens, toilets, and storage areas as well as function rooms – this is a hands on role.
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure customer needs are met.
- Supervise events and team members throughout.
- Be familiar with all current and upcoming event details.
- Should be able to work under pressure and to strict time constraints.
- This is a very physical role, which involves lifting, pushing and carrying tables/chairs and other items regularly.
- To manage casual bar staff ensuring the highest quality of training and customer service.
- To have or to undertake and pass the training to become a Personal Licence holder, a SIA licence holder and a First Aider.
- To provide feedback from events, including compliments, suggestions or complaints, incidents and any relevant statistical or accounting information.
- To maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and presentation at all times, and wear the uniform provided.
- Have a full clean driving licence.
- To adhere to all legal and company policies at all times including but not confined to COSHH, Health and Safety and Fire.
- Be a trustworthy and honest individual in order to assist with cash handling.
- Maintain an effective and professional relationship with the onsite caterers and external suppliers.
Deputy Conference and Banqueting Manager – Person Specification:
- Previous experience in a similar environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commitment to delivering the highest levels of customer service.
- The ability and confidence to problem solve and deal with a variety of situations as they arise in a positive and professional manner.
- Availability to work different shift patterns, which will include days, evenings and weekend work. Adaptability to be able to manage any late changes to the rota.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- To be fit and healthy as this is a physically demanding role.
- Have a positive, “can do” attitude and be willing to get stuck in with all tasks including cleaning of all areas, including toilets.
Deputy Conference and Banqueting Manager – Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 6% employer contribution to pension scheme (Group Personal Pension scheme) 3 % employee
- 26 days holiday (exc Bank holidays)
- Subsidised private healthcare scheme
- Life assurance of x4 annual salary
Please APPLY to firstname.lastname@example.org to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
The Yorkshire Agricultural Society is a registered charity which is best known for running the annual Great Yorkshire Show, but also works hard throughout the year to promote and support farming and the countryside in the North of England. It has a commercial subsidiary company, Yorkshire Event Centre Ltd, who help fund the charitable work by hosting a wide range of events throughout the year plus running Pavilions of Harrogate Caravan Park and Fodder.
Casual Worker Vacancy (Bars)
– Are you aged 18 or over?
– Do you need extra cash, but not want to commit to a job with regular shifts each week?
– Are you smart and polite?
If you have answered yes, then why not give us a call?
We need enthusiastic and hardworking people to help on our function bars.
– Hours vary from week to week by largely involve weekends and evenings.
– We pay £10/hour (includes holiday pay)
– No previous bar experience is required. We’ll teach you all you need to know.
For more details please phone Mike Large on 01423 544544, or email him at email@example.com