Yorkshire – God’s own county, home of Pavilions of Harrogate.
Yorkshire is England’s largest county with a population of 5.8 million people. Within its borders there is so much to see, including 8 cities, 2 National Parks, and acres of beautiful countryside and miles of amazing coastline. There is something for everyone.
Fun Yorkshire fact – If Yorkshire were an independent country, it would have finished in 12th place on the league table in the 2012 Olympics!
The famous Yorkshire town of Harrogate is an ideal destination for events for many reasons. It is easily accessible by train, it is close to an airport and is a short drive to the motorway network. Harrogate also has a variety of shops of restaurants and a large choice of accommodation, from hotels to guesthouses, to campsites.
Pavilions of Harrogate is an incredibly special venue based on the Great Yorkshire Showground, which is just on the outskirts of Harrogate. The Great Yorkshire Show takes place every July and is the largest agricultural show in England, welcoming 140,000 people over 4 days. The show is one of the events run by the Yorkshire Agricultural Society, which is a registered charity. Every penny we make goes straight back to the Society to help fund their charitable activities which include promoting food, farming, and the countryside, and supporting farming families across Yorkshire. By holding your event with us, you are helping contribute to their valuable work:
• £15 pays for one child to attend Countryside Days, our educational event held at the Great Yorkshire Showground over two days each June.
• £40 pays for one teacher to attend a free training course at the Great Yorkshire Showground.
• £1,000 funds 125 farmers to take free health checks
• £1,500 allows for 300 school children to enjoy an activity day
Pavilions of Harrogate have 14 function rooms of different shapes and sizes which are ideal for a wide range of events, from a meeting for two people up to a dinner for 500 people. The rooms also have access to outdoor spaces or private lawns, which can be used for taking breaks in the fresh air (and sunshine, fingers crossed!) or reception drinks or even a party with a BBQ. All our rooms are pillar free and fully accessible too.
To make things even easier, we have five hundred complimentary car parking spaces and 2 EV charging points. Two of our rooms, the Wharfe Room and the Calder Room, also have vehicular access, making them ideal for automotive events.
We love food and we know how important food is when it comes to events, and our chef Ian has been with us for 27 years. He consistently serves high quality, Yorkshire grown food which fits with our ethos at the Yorkshire Agricultural Society for supporting farmers and local producers. Ian has built relationships with his suppliers over the years ensuring he gets the best produce possible. Through using local suppliers, Ian also ensures he keeps food miles to a minimum.
Sustainability is also a key thing we are continuing to focus on. We have an EcoSmart Gold Award and a Green Tourism Bronze Award. We have measures in place and are always looking for ways we can add more.
- None of our waste goes to landfill. It is either recycled or converted back into energy.
- We bottle our own water on site, using reusable glass bottles for all our events, which are washed and reused repeatedly.
- We now have LED lights throughout the venue which helps to reduce our energy consumption.
- We also no longer use plastic straws in our bars and any plastic glasses we use are compostable or recyclable.
If you would like to know more about us or if you are planning an event, we would love to help you. Please call us on 01423 544544.